These following may be the cause.
- Your device does not meet OS OS requirements.
The download is available for Android OS 5.0 or later and iOS 10.3 or later. For details, please refer to this article: [Smartphone/Tablet] Which device supports to download contents?.
- The latest version of the Hulu app is not installed.
The download cannot be used unless the Hulu app is the latest version.
- You are not logged in with an active account.
If you are using without login, or the account is on hold/canceled status, the download icon will not be shown.
- The content is not downloadable.
It is possible that the content you try to download is set to deliver only by streaming. You can't download some content due to the rights.
- The content will be expired soon.
Contents cannot be downloaded if they will be expired in 30 days, even if you could download them before.